Another Dragon*Con has come and gone, and it’s hard to believe that it’s been a week since it ended. I think I’m still catching up on sleep! This year was another epic Dragon*Con for a lot of reasons. Here are my top
five six moments from the weekend. (Narrowing this list down was tough!)
6. I met so many new people, largely thanks to being part of the 501st Legion now. One of the best things about Dragon*Con is the people behind the costumes.
5. The Cruxshadows never disappoint. I took a nap Sunday night, then got my goth on for a show that didn’t start until 1:30 a.m. I like knowing that even at my age, I can still dance until 3 a.m.
4. On Sunday, I wore my Alice in Wonderland costume. It’s a version of Alice as a Mad Scientist, complete with a hybrid “Cheshire rabbit.” The highlight of the day was when a little girl got her picture taken with me. Afterward, she looked at me and said, “I saw your movie!” She really thought I was Alice!
3. The panels we did this year were great. We started with Lord of the Rings (Billy Boyd, Craig Parker and John Rhys-Davis). I could listen to Billy Boyd talk all day long. Love that Scottish accent! Then it was on to Firefly (Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite and Sean Maher), where they drank champagne and Firefly bourbon on stage while interacting like people who are still part of the same crew. Finally, we wound up in the second row for The Vampire Diaries panel. Ian Somerhalder. Need I say more?
2. I marched in the parade for the first time. To make it even better, I got to carry the 501st Legion banner. We were (as always) the last group in the parade, and to hear the crowd roar when they spotted the stormtroopers marching behind us was so exciting. The highlight was hearing two people shout “Admiral Daala!” at me. Thank you, parade-watchers, for actually knowing and recognizing my character!
1. I FINALLY MET ADAM BALDWIN. Jayne Cobb is one of my favorite fictional characters, and of course Firefly is one of my favorite shows. Adam was so nice, and so very, very tall.
You can check out my pictures of Dragon*Con 2012 in my photo album.